As a junior designer at Toward you'll have some awesome projects to get stuck into. Starting with providing design support to our clients and slowly taking an active role in more strategic design projects.
- Work alongside our other designers to undertake a range of design related work
- Create design work based on existing styles and guidelines
- Create original design work based on a brief
- Work directly with clients to understand their needs
- Work on branding, print and digital projects (as a support to start with)
- Create work to the highest possible standard
- Communicate your ideas clearly and succinctly to team members
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and technologies
- Attend branding and website workshops (led by senior team members)
- Contribute to our marketing via blog posts and social media sharing and
supporting the Marketing Team
- Be an ambassador for Toward both in and out of working hours
- Be friendly, supportive and helpful to our clients
You'll have just bounced out of uni or are unfulfilled in a junior role. You'll have an abundance of energy, exploding with creative ideas and chomping at the bit to get your first proper gig.
You'll be ideas focused, keen to learn, happy to contribute and have big ambitions about your design career.
Your work will show us that you understand design thinking, designing for audiences, research, strategy and what looks amazing. Your finishing will be good, but we know it'll only get better.
You'll want to get involved in branding, campaign and website projects, contributing ideas, creative concepts and feedback.
You'll be well versed in the usual design software (we use the Adobe Suite and Sketch mostly).
You'll be good at writing, and everything about your application will be considered, checked, double checked and triple checked.
- £20k salary with a pay review after 6 months and then annually
- 21 days holiday + bank holidays
- 3 free days holiday over Christmas
- Flexible working — Remote and in-studio (see below)
- Great pension options
- A MacBook Pro and display
- Monthly team meet ups
- Long term growth prospects, mentoring and opportunities to progress to more senior levels
You can work from wherever you like, remotely or at our Cardiff Bay studio. You'll need to be able to get to Cardiff twice a month for team meet ups.
The role is full time and permanent. Our core hours are 8:30am - 5pm Monday to Friday. We have an excellent flexible working policy and we’re supportive of people’s different lifestyles and commitments. We will happily work something out for the right candidate.
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your portfolio (or PDF folio), with 'Design Job' as the subject.
We only want to see killer work, please. No filler. Plus a beautifully typeset CV and covering email of fewer than 150 words on why you're perfect for the role and a good fit for us (make it interesting!)
We have work ready for you to do, so will be looking to fill the spot ASAP (so don't hang about). We'll be looking to fill the position by mid-Jan at the latest.
Please don't contact us. Thanks :)