You’ll be working directly with clients and our design and development teams to understand a business's strategy and goals, and build websites that help fulfil them.
We like to push each project as much as we can, so we want you to challenge us (and clients) to help build great solutions on time and on budget. Our developers don’t just take comps and turn them into websites. You’ll be involved in the design and decision making process to make sure what we want to build, can be built.
The role is full time and permanent. You can work remotely or at our studio in Cardiff Bay (once it’s safe to return). You’ll be required to come into the studio from time to time so being able to get to Cardiff reasonably easily is essential. We’re very easy to get to.
Our core hours are 8:30am - 5pm Monday to Friday. We have an excellent flexible working policy and we’re supportive of people’s different lifestyles and commitments. We will happily work something out for the right candidate.
You will have a can-do attitude, an appetite to learn, and a love of building for the web. We want a developer with an eye for good design, who is fussy about user experience and has good communication skills.
What other skills you need will depend on the role you’re interested in…
A great attitude is more important than technical ability. We’ll work with you to level-up your skills and improve your code. You won’t be afraid to ask questions, and the team will help you when you’re stuck.
You will combine technical chops with a great attitude, using your experience and initiative to finish projects to our high standards. All with minimal input from the senior developers. You will collaborate with the designers to help work out if and how something can be built. You will be comfortable talking to clients and leading them through the development process.
You will have good experience of taking designs and turning them into code. We want you to be involved in scoping projects so you should be able to estimate how long something will take you to build.
We also expect a mid-level developer to have a basic knowledge of:
- Accessibility best practices
- Performance best practices
- Security best practices
You’ll get bonus points for...
- JS Framework experience
- Templating languages
- PHP (or other back-end languages)
- Craft CMS
- Familiarity with design software (the Adobe ones, Sketch, InVision, Figma, etc)
You can interview me if you have…
- Native iOS/Android skills
- Server/Devops experience
- A.R/V.R experience
Here's what you'll get
- £22-26k (Junior) / £26-32k (Middleweight), depending on experience
- Long term growth prospects, mentoring and opportunities to lead projects
- Opportunities to experiment with new techniques and technologies
- Opportunities to train and attend workshops and conferences
- Great pension options and employee benefits package
- Whatever kit you need
- Fruit, good coffee/tea and quality biscuits in the studio
- Regular Wagamama's. It's kind of a tradition (when safe to do so)